The building was built in 1913 to train teachers. Here was Lereseminare – a teacher's seminary or a pedagogical institute. In these strong walls, teachers were trained for the Mennonite schools. And there were many such. In each Mennonite village there was an elementary school – Dorfshule (village school). The average education could be obtained in Tsentrshule – the central school of each of the Mennonite districts. These schools all Mennonite children aged 6 to 14 years attended without fail. This was due to the confessional features of the Mennonites. To become a full member of the Mennonite community, one had to be able to read and interpret the Bible. Epiphany these Protestants took only after the examination of the knowledge of Holy Scripture.
Zaporozhye region, Rozental'Street, 4, Zaporizhzhia
47.861531 | 35.010203