Hlukhiv National Reserve was established and operates in accordance with the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of February 8, 1994. № 80 "On the State Historical and Cultural Reserve in Hlukhiv, Sumy region" and the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of October 2, 1998.
№ 1576 on the basis of monuments of architecture, history and culture of Glukhov. By the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of April 26, 2007 № 233 “On attribution to the sphere of management of the Ministry of Regional Development and Construction of Enterprises, Institutions and Organizations” the reserve is referred to the sphere of management of the Ministry of Regional Development of Ukraine. According to the Decree of the President of Ukraine of November 10, 2008 № 1027/2008, the institution received the status of a national institution. By the order of the mayor from 18.08.2009 the collective of NZ "Glukhiv" is entered in the Book of Honor of Glukhiv city council.
The reserve covers the territory of 75 hectares of the central historical part and the natural landscape of Glukhov. It oversees 50 cultural heritage sites located on its territory and in protected areas, 37 of which are monuments of history, architecture and urban planning, archeology. 7 monuments "Mykolayiv Church" (1693-1695), "Kyiv Gate of the Hlukhiv Fortress" (1766-1769), "Church of the Transfiguration" (1765), "Three-Anastasiyivska Church" (1893), "Hlukhiv Teacher's Church" Institute "(1874-1879)," Glukhiv Men's Gymnasium "(1880s)," Boarding House Glukhiv Men's Gymnasium "(1880-1892) are listed in the State Register of Immovable Monuments as monuments of national importance, 30 monuments - of local significance.
On the balance of the reserve there are 5 architectural monuments: "Noble Collection" (1811), "House of P. Lyuty" (late XIX century), "Bank of M. Tereshchenko" (late XIX century), "Kiev Gate of Glukhiv Fortress "(1766-1769)," The manor house of the Kochubeys "(1904). It includes the Museum of Archeology, established in 2008.
In the structure of the reserve 5 departments out of 27 staff units: 7 people. - management staff, 8 - specialists in the field of reserves, 5 - specialists of general professions, 7 - other staff. 21 people have higher education, 11 people are engaged in scientific and educational activities.
The main activities of the reserve are the implementation of measures for the protection and preservation of cultural heritage sites, ensuring the proper use of monuments of urban planning and architecture, restoration of monuments, regeneration of the architectural environment, research, scientific and methodological, informational, cultural and educational work.