At the end of the nineteenth century, more than 100 Karaite families, the Turkic-speaking adherents of Karaimism (a religious movement based on the texts of the Old Testament), lived in Berdyansk.
Back in the mid-nineteenth century, the Karaite synagogue was built with the community's funds, and in 1899 a new kenassa prayer house appeared on this site. It was built in the Moorish style. In the 20-ies of the 19th century, the kenassa was closed, and its property was sold. Today, attempts are being made to restore the building to its religious purpose.
Zaporozhye region, 16, Chervona st. Berdiansk
46.753322 | 36.791582