The presence of the Town Hall is a rare phenomenon among the cities of Eastern Ukraine, because the building was traditionally built in connection with the granting to the city of Magdeburg law, that is, the right to self-government. In the town of Lebedyn, the town hall was built as a city government building in 1915. But almost immediately has lost its original purpose, and here is the fire protection, and in the same capacity the town hall is still used today.
The facade of the building is designed in the style of rationalistic modernism and differs significantly from the rest of the city's buildings. The central element of the town hall is the tower with an octagonal rotunda and a dome. Its height is about 20 meters. The facade is decorated with the cornices, balcony, skilful rosettes and pilasters. Initially, the building was absolutely symmetrical, but in Soviet times an extension was added to the northern part of the town hall. That is why the entrance to the building, like the tower itself, seems to be shifted to the side.
Unfortunately, the history did not preserve the name of the architect who gave the town hall to Lebedyn.
Sumy region, Soborna square, 16, Lebedyn
50.579004 | 34.476378