In 1867, the Ekaterinoslav women's community was formed, and the community was renamed into a monastery in 1877. On May 11, 1869, the temple was laid down. On February 14, 1877, the Government issued a resolution No. 132 "On the Renaming of the Tykhvyn Women's Community of the Katerynoslav Diocese to the Tykhvyn Folk Dormition Monastery".
At the Holy Monastery of Tykhvyn, nuns live in two buildings located on the territory of the monastery.
A greenhouse is restored on the territory of the monastery, and soon it is planned to build a church building and a priest's house. In the territory formerly belonging to the monastery, the remnants of the foundation of the ruined Saint TykhvynCathedral were preserved.