In 1070-1088 on the slopes above the Dnipro River, a six-pier five-domed St. Michael’s Church with three naves was erected. In the 15th or 16th century the temple collapsed because of flood. After the restoration in 1766-1769 the church acquired a look of a single-domed baroque structure. Partially preserved in it were graffiti, frescoes, and mosaics of the 11th century – fragments of the composition Doomsday and ornamental patterns.
Here at the turn of the 18th century Colonel M.Miklashevsky from Starodubsk erected a stone five-domed St. George’s Cathedral and the Refectory Church of the Saviour (1686-1701), and Hetman D.Apostol – the belfry (1727-1733) designed in Ukrainian Baroque.
Kiev region, 40 Vydubytska St, Kyiv
50.416845 | 30.567898
(044) 285 3581